In this course students will find the necessary links to get started with the Apple Teacher program, a thoughtful series of tutorials and resources, links for taking the Apple Teacher Quizzes to earn badges, and a place to submit a final Mac inspired lesson plan. Each module of this course has a Mac program specific badge to earn and a reflection to complete. Students will submit both pieces in order to advance from one module to the next.
Massive Open Online Course (MOOC)
These courses are open entry/exit with no enrollment cap. All coursework and assignments can be completed at the participants own pace. There is very limited instructor interaction.
Due to the large number of participants in these courses grading is done on a monthly rotation, usually on the first Monday of each month. Please understand these expectations before registering for this course.
- Create an Apple Teacher account and access the badge program
- Navigate the Mac Operating System to access applications, files and resources
- Demonstrate how to use Apple Pages to enhance student creativity
- Create educational resources in Apple Keynote
- Use Apple Numbers to organize student data and information
- Create an educational resource using Apple iMovie
- Create a GarageBand music compilation and demonstrate how to create applicable lesson plans in their classroom.
- Use several Mac tools together in order to support student productivity and efficiency
- Use several Mac tools together in order to support student creativity
Target Audience: Everyone Welcome
Course is offered by Utah Education Network.