This course is designed for educators interested in learning about digital storytelling. The modules will cover what digital storytelling is, tools for planning and creating digital stories, how to get students involved in storytelling, and how to share those stories with the world.
Massive Open Online Course (MOOC)
These courses are open entry/exit with no enrollment cap. All coursework and assignments can be completed at the participants own pace. There is very limited instructor interaction.
Due to the large number of participants in these courses grading is done on a monthly rotation, usually on the first Monday of each month. Please understand these expectations before registering for this course.
At the conclusion of this course participants should be able to:
- Explain why digital storytelling is a powerful and important tool for the digital learner
- Create a plan utilizing storyboarding tools and have knowledge about a variety of tools available for digital storytelling
- Curate a list of podcasts for students (or fellow educators, or parents of students) to listen for the purpose of learning
- Create a lesson plan for students to utilize digital storytelling as part of curriculum taught in current classroom
- Identify the options for publishing student work: websites, blogs, YouTube, social media and consider student privacy
- Reflect on personal journey as an educator and as a storyteller.
Target Audience: Everyone Welcome
Course is offered by Utah Education Network.