Through this course, participants will use the training course that is available through Google to prepare themselves for the Level 1 Certification exam and reflect on what they are learning. Google’s education training center states: This certification is designed for educators and classroom teachers who wish to demonstrate proficiency in using Google for Education tools. The Level 1 status indicates that an educator is able to successfully implement G Suite for Education into their teaching practice in order to enhance teaching and learning. More information about the Google Certification can be found online..
Massive Open Online Course (MOOC)
These courses are open entry/exit with no enrollment cap. All coursework and assignments can be completed at the participants own pace. There is very limited instructor interaction.
Due to the large number of participants in these courses grading is done on a monthly rotation, usually on the first Monday of each month. Please understand these expectations before registering for this course.
At the conclusion of this course participants should be able to:
- Explain how technology can benefit teaching and learning
- Identify what tools are available in the G Suite for Education and pick the right tools for your objective
- Help students behave responsibly online
- Create a network of peers and contribute to this network
- Use Google Drive to create, upload, organize and collaborate documents
- Demonstrate how Classroom works with Docs and Drive Apply the organizational benefits of Gmail in your classroom
- Explain how to use the Translation feature in Gmail to communicate with a diverse audience
- Identify the benefits of real-time communication with students
- Explain how to use instant messaging in Hangouts from any device
- Identify how Google Groups can be used in your classroom
- Identify the value of having a class website and create a customized site
- Use G Suite for Education to run more productive meetings
- Use Google Hangouts to conduct productive online meetings
- Identify strategies for managing assignments
- Determine the correct type of data to collect as an educator and develop effective methods of collecting the data required
- Determine what lessons are needed to help students keep their information secure
- Pick the right tool for the learning objective you are trying to reach
- Determine what process to use to discover various methods of data analysis Identify the essential digital literacy skill of searching online
- Easy processes for filtering search results and an understanding of why this is important
- How to avoid plagiarism in the context of Web research
- Identify the potential for creativity and curiosity to be fostered using Chrome Apps and Extensions
- Identify best practices for using YouTube in the classroom and curate educational videos based on topic, genre, or standard in playlists
- How Google Docs can support the writing and revision process
- Best practices for driving discussion inside and outside of the classroom
- To facilitate group work with a range of Google Tools
Target Audience: Everyone Welcome
Course is offered by Utah Education Network.