ATSC 3.0 is the next generation broadcast system designed to improve the television viewing experience with higher audio and video quality, improved compression efficiency, robust transmission for reception on both fixed and mobile devices, and more accessibility, personalization and interactivity. Combined, these benefits power NextGen TV and the future of broadcasting through over-the-air broadcast and broadband delivery, revolutionizing the way public broadcasters can uniquely serve audiences and capitalize on the value of our spectrum.
As the possibilities of NextGen TV unfold, this course will help stations prepare for the transition with a solid understanding of the benefits of the new standard, and the role convergence will play in our ability to super-serve audiences and build spectrum-based business plans.
- From ATSC 1.0 to 3.0: What are the core differences?
- Optimizing NextGen TV: What are the content, service and business opportunities?
- Understanding the landscape: What is the status of the rollout across the country?
- Regulatory considerations: What is the status of rulemaking as it pertains to NextGen TV?
- Action Planning: Costs and buildout considerations, staff development and education
Target Audience:Those interested in NextGen
Course is offered by WKAR