How do you get from where you are to where you want to be? The only answer is to learn how to grow yourself.
In this three week course, PBS Charlotte General Manager Amy Burkett will challenge, equip and empower you with the steps to take to get you where you want to go in life by using New York Times Bestselling author John Maxwell’s book The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth.
New to the mastermind concept? It’s a peer-to-peer mentoring group used to help people solve problems with input and advice from group members. This course is perfect for all levels of leaders.If you’re already leading an organization, you’ll benefit from learning the needs of those starting out and those starting out gain valuable insights and time saving tips from CEO’s.
Each week we’ll discuss three chapters from the book. Here are just a few examples
- The Law of the Mirror: You Must See Value in Yourself to Add Value to Yourself
- The Law of Awareness: You Must Know Yourself to Grow Yourself
- The Law of Modeling: It's Hard to Improve When You Have No One But Yourself to Follow
- The Law of the Rubber Band: Growth Stops When You Lose the Tension Between Where You are and Where You Could Be
- The Law of Contribution: Developing Yourself Enables You to Develop Others
At the end of this five week course you’ll be equipped with the beginning of a personal growth plan that can unlock your potential, grow your team and accomplish extraordinary results for any organization.The only constant in life is change. What are you doing to change yourself? This course offers you the interactive opportunity to help you grow yourself and others.
- Apply the concept that "focusing on growing yourself leads to your greatest potential"
- Familiarize yourself with the 15 invaluable laws of Growth Mindset by John Maxwell
- Learn best practices for interpreting and applying these principles in your day-to-day work
Course Materials:The 15 Laws of Invaluable Growth by John C. Maxwell, You'll want to pick up a copy of the book ASAP. It is available on Amazon as a paperback or in Kindle format.
Target Audience:Current/Potential Public Media Leadership
Course is offered by NETA