Full course description
Participants don't have to have the word "Analyst" in their job title to use analytics in their role! The Analytics for Analysts course is designed to provide participants with foundational knowledge in key areas including demonstrating success on digital efforts through choosing the right metrics and making day to day decisions backed with the power of data. This course will also cover the basics of managing up with data so that participants feel empowered to communicate effectively with Managers & Executives when it comes to data and business decisions.
Data Literacy designed by Immersive Learning and Business Intelligence at PBS is a multifaceted professional development program to assist stations and station staff in understanding and using data to make strategic and informed decisions.
Data Literacy is founded on three main objectives:
- Empowering station staff to feel confident and capable using data in their roles and at their stations.
- Equipping station staff with the relevant knowledge and skills, including using data tools, to increase their understanding and ability to use data.
- Elevating the conversations around data by fostering data-driven mindsets across the public media system.
Data Literacy through virtual coursework, collaborative discussions, and system-wide events covers four main topic areas:
- The Basics - learning how to think about data, asking the right questions, and understanding what data can and can’t do
- Data Strategy - identifying how data analysis, tools, and techniques can be utilized at the station to make decisions that further the station and PBS’ mission
- Data Analysis - learning how to find data relevant to your role and your station, and how to analyze that data to generate actionable insights
- Data Communication - understanding how to effectively speak about data and communicate with various stakeholders
With any questions or for more information click here.