Full course description
The Analytics for Managers course is designed to provide managers with knowledge about making day to day business decisions backed with data from multiple sources. This course will also discuss how to set up their marketing and content strategies for success and draw some parallels to consider when thinking about membership and fundraising.
Data Literacy designed by Immersive Learning and Business Intelligence at PBS is a multifaceted professional development program to assist stations and station staff in understanding and using data to make strategic and informed decisions.
Data Literacy is founded on three main objectives:
- Empowering station staff to feel confident and capable using data in their roles and at their stations.
- Equipping station staff with the relevant knowledge and skills, including using data tools, to increase their understanding and ability to use data.
- Elevating the conversations around data by fostering data-driven mindsets across the public media system.
Data Literacy through virtual coursework, collaborative discussions, and system-wide events covers four main topic areas:
- The Basics - learning how to think about data, asking the right questions, and understanding what data can and can’t do
- Data Strategy - identifying how data analysis, tools, and techniques can be utilized at the station to make decisions that further the station and PBS’ mission
- Data Analysis - learning how to find data relevant to your role and your station, and how to analyze that data to generate actionable insights
- Data Communication - understanding how to effectively speak about data and communicate with various stakeholders
With any questions or for more information click here.