Full course description
The Data Storytelling course provides participants with a clear definition of what data storytelling is and why it is such a critical skill when it comes to communicating analytical information. The course provides tips and techniques for crafting an effective narrative and then bringing that narrative to life in a presentation. Participants are required to complete the Data Visualization course before taking this course..
Data Literacy designed by Immersive Learning and Business Intelligence at PBS is a multifaceted professional development program to assist stations and station staff in understanding and using data to make strategic and informed decisions.
Data Literacy is founded on three main objectives:
- Empowering station staff to feel confident and capable using data in their roles and at their stations.
- Equipping station staff with the relevant knowledge and skills, including using data tools, to increase their understanding and ability to use data.
- Elevating the conversations around data by fostering data-driven mindsets across the public media system.
Data Literacy through virtual coursework, collaborative discussions, and system-wide events covers four main topic areas:
- The Basics - learning how to think about data, asking the right questions, and understanding what data can and can’t do
- Data Strategy - identifying how data analysis, tools, and techniques can be utilized at the station to make decisions that further the station and PBS’ mission
- Data Analysis - learning how to find data relevant to your role and your station, and how to analyze that data to generate actionable insights
- Data Communication - understanding how to effectively speak about data and communicate with various stakeholders
With any questions or for more information click here.