Full course description
The Social Media Measurement course is designed to provide participants with a basic understanding of the social landscape, how things work, and how social media data can influence future decisions. This course will dig into how to pull and interpret data for effective social media management.
Data Literacy designed by Immersive Learning and Business Intelligence at PBS is a multifaceted professional development program to assist stations and station staff in understanding and using data to make strategic and informed decisions.
Data Literacy is founded on three main objectives:
- Empowering station staff to feel confident and capable using data in their roles and at their stations.
- Equipping station staff with the relevant knowledge and skills, including using data tools, to increase their understanding and ability to use data.
- Elevating the conversations around data by fostering data-driven mindsets across the public media system.
Data Literacy through virtual coursework, collaborative discussions, and system-wide events covers four main topic areas:
- The Basics - learning how to think about data, asking the right questions, and understanding what data can and can’t do
- Data Strategy - identifying how data analysis, tools, and techniques can be utilized at the station to make decisions that further the station and PBS’ mission
- Data Analysis - learning how to find data relevant to your role and your station, and how to analyze that data to generate actionable insights
- Data Communication - understanding how to effectively speak about data and communicate with various stakeholders
With any questions or for more information click here.